Effective from 1 May 2015 and last updated on 1 March 2018
edibo respects the privacy of all website users and ensures that the personal information obtained on the user is handled confidentially. During your interaction with edibo, you may share personal information with us, so that we may identify you as an individual (such as your name, email address, address and phone number). This is referred to as ‘personal data’. Although most information on this site is available without requiring the user to provide us with personal data, it is possible that the user will be asked for personal information. This information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided (such as customer management, informing you about our activities, answering your questions, etc.). The user can always object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes – free of charge and on request. To do so, the user must contact edibo by mail to edibo, Attn.: Marketing, Maatheide 1302, 3920 Lommel, Belgium, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SCOPE AND ACCEPTANCE
- PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY EDIBO
- WHY EDIBO COLLECTS PERSONAL DATA AND HOW THIS DATA IS USED
- SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA BY EDIBO
- YOUR RIGHTS
- SECURITY AND STORAGE OF DATA
- HOW TO CONTACT US
edibo may collect and process the following personal data:
- Last name
- First name
- Company information (name, address)
- Email address
- Phone number (home/mobile)
- Information on your use of the website (such as but not limited to your IP address, browser type, web pages visited when you access the website)
- The login data for your mobile device, as well as geographic location data (where appropriate)
- Communication preferences
- Correspondence data with and from edibo
edibo also automatically collects anonymous information concerning your use of the website. For example, edibo will automatically maintain a record of which areas of the website you visited, which web browser you used, which website you visited when you accessed the website, as well as your IP address. We cannot identify you based on this data, but it allows edibo to compile statistics relating to the use of the website, as well as to send more targeted communications.
- PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY EDIBO
Personal data – that is necessary for the order process and purchase – which we receive from you and process or use will only be used within the framework of data protection law. You can find information on our site without having to provide personal information. You will essentially remain anonymous when visiting our site. All connection information provided by your internet browser with every site view – such as the date, duration of visit, IP address or name of your internet provider – will be used by us without being linked to you personally. Personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as when subscribing to a newsletter or using a comparable function.
2.1 DATA THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US DIRECTLY
This is information that you have agreed to provide to us directly for a specific goal, including:
- Personal contact information, including all information required by edibo to contact you personally (such as your name, work or private email address and phone number)
- Demographic information, such as your gender, location (postcode, municipality/city, province and geolocation)
- Customer feedback, including information that you share with edibo about your experiences with edibo products and services (such as your comments and suggestions, reviews, testimonials and other feedback in connection with edibo products or services)
- Consumer-generated content, including content (such as photos, videos and personal stories) that you create and subsequently share with edibo (and possibly others) by uploading it to an edibo site
2.2 DATA THAT WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE AN EDIBO SITE
- Marketing cookies: On this website, technology is used to collect and store information for marketing and optimisation purposes. edibo nv uses marketing cookies to make edibo’s communications, both on its own site and on partner sites, more personal and better tailored to the preferences of individual customers. Cookies are small text files stored locally in the temporary memory of a website visitor’s internet browser. Cookies make it possible to recognise the internet browser. The data collected by etracker technologies will not be used without the explicit consent of the person in question to identify the website visitor personally and will not be combined with personal information on the carrier of the pseudonym. You can object to the processing and storage of information at any time.
2.3 DATA COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect information about you through other legitimate sources in order to offer you our products and services. Examples of such sources are external data collectors, public sources and third-party social networks. This kind of information may consist of the following:
- Personal contact information
- All personal information that is part of your profile in a third-party social network (such as Facebook) and that may be shared with us by that social network (such as your name, email address, gender, date of birth, municipality/city, profile picture, username and friend list) More information on the data that we may collect can be found on the website of the social network concerned.
- WHY EDIBO COLLECTS PERSONAL DATA AND HOW THIS DATA IS USED
edibo collects and uses personal data exclusively for the purpose for which the information was obtained. edibo may use your personal data for all or some of the following purposes:
- Orders: to process and send your orders and to inform you about your order status.
- Agreements & offers: to prepare an agreement or offer between both parties and provide the corresponding services and support.
- Invoicing: to prepare and send invoices and recover payments.
- Maintenance of your account: to create and maintain your accounts at edibo. The first time you place an order, your personal information will be stored in a secure database in order to have all documents in one place throughout the construction process.
- Consumer involvement: to involve you more actively in our products and services. This may involve the use or publication of content generated by consumers. We also ask for your feedback via customer satisfaction surveys and answer your questions.
- Personalisation: edibo may combine personal data collected through one source (such as a website) with data originating form another source (such as an offline event). This provides edibo with a more complete picture of you as a consumer, enabling edibo to serve you better and more personally with regard to the following, among other things:
- Products & services: to improve edibo products/services and better tailor them to your needs and to come up with new ideas. This involves the use of demographic information and consumer feedback in the form of satisfaction surveys and market research.
- Websites: to improve and personalise your experience on our websites using data such as technical computer information and/or information on past use of the website.
- Advertising messages: to send advertising messages if you have consented to receiving such information (including information on edibo and its products and services). These advertising messages are distributed electronically (by SMS, email and online advertising, etc.) and by regular mail.
- Social functions: to offer you a number of social functions, including third-party social networks. edibo may use your personal data if you use third-party social network functions, such as ‘Facebook Connect’ and ‘Facebook Like’. These functions may be integrated into the edibo sites in order, for example, to offer the possibility to share content with friends. When you use these functions, edibo may obtain certain personal information about you via the social network in question. More information on how these functions work and the profile data that edibo can obtain on you can be found on the website for the social network concerned.
The law stipulates that we may use the information for advertising purposes, market research and to improve our services – but only if you have not exercised your legal right to object to this use of your personal data. The fact alone that the user completes a form with his or her personal information or places an order on this website authorises edibo nv to process this personal data and to use this information for internal company management. ‘Internal company management’ is understood to mean customer administration, order management, deliveries, invoicing, services, solvability monitoring, as well as marketing and personalised publicity. If we use your data for a purpose that legally requires your consent, we will request your explicit consent. It goes without saying that you can withdraw this consent and/or object to other uses of the data at any time. The visitor has the possibility to update the data provided at any time.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA BY EDIBO
edibo does not share your personal data with third parties interested in using your information for direct marketing purposes, unless you have granted explicit consent for this. edibo may also share your personal data with third parties for other purposes, but only in the following situations:
4.1 AFFILIATED COMPANIES
edibo may share your personal data with its affiliated companies or subsidiaries for legitimate business goals (such as processing offers, processing orders and complaint handling).
4.2 SERVICE PROVIDERS
edibo may solicit the services of service providers, representatives or contractors to provide services on behalf of edibo, including ensuring that edibo sites and services are available to you. It is possible that, in providing these services, these external parties may have to access or process your personal data. edibo requires that such external parties, which may be located in a country other than the country in which you have used the edibo site or service, sign a written agreement stating that they comply with all relevant legislation regarding data protection and security requirements with regard to your personal data. If we use/commission a third-party service provider (such as a subcontractor or payment service provider), we will only provide them with the necessary data. They in turn are required to protect your personal data. Your phone number will only be used to return your calls. We require your email address to confirm your order and to communicate with you (such as to send an order confirmation or requested newsletter).
4.3 LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
edibo may disclose your personal data if required by law or if edibo determines in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal procedures or to respond to possible claims. In the event of a full or partial merger with or a full or partial takeover of edibo by another company, the transferee will receive access to the information held by that entity of edibo. This information may contain personal data.
- YOUR RIGHTS
5.1 RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF ADVERTISING
You have the right to opt out of advertising from edibo and can exercise this right by:
(a) Following the instructions in the advertising message concerned.
(b) Contacting us.
Please note that even if you opt out of all advertising, you may still receive administrative communications from edibo, such as order confirmations and communications about your building/payment activities (such as invoices or general communications that are important for the delivery of the product ordered).
5.2 ACCESS & CORRECTION
In accordance with the Personal Data Processing Act of 08/12/1992, the user has the legal right to view and where necessary correct his or her personal data. Subject to proof of identity (copy of identity card), you can submit a written, dated and signed request to edibo, attn. Marketing, Maatheide 1302, 3920 Lommel, Belgium, or email@example.com to obtain a written statement of your personal data free of charge. If necessary, you can also ask to correct any information that is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant. If edibo is unable to provide access to your personal data, you will be informed about the reason.
You can also exercise the right to:
- Delete your personal data
- Limit the processing of your personal data
- Object/oppose to the processing of your personal data
6 SECURITY AND STORAGE OF DATA
To protect your personal data, edibo has implemented a number of measures, such as a secure business environment. edibo stores your data in secure operating environments that are only accessible to edibo employees, representatives and contractors on a need-to-know basis. In this respect, edibo also complies with all generally accepted standards in the sector. edibo will not save your personal data longer than necessary for the specific purpose for which it was collected, taking into account our need to answer questions and solve problems, improve services and offer new services, as well as comply with legal requirements. This means that we may keep your personal data for a reasonable amount of time after your last interaction with edibo. If the personal data that we collect is no longer required, we will destroy or delete it in a safe manner.
We use the lead generation service provided by Leadinfo B.V., Rotterdam, The Netherlands, which recognizes visits of companies to our website based on IP addresses and shows us related publicly available information, such as company names or addresses. In addition, Leadinfo places two first-party cookies for providing transparency on how our visitors use our website and the tool processes domains from provided form inputs (e.g. “leadinfo.com”) to correlate IP addresses with companies and to enhance its services. For additional information, please visit www.leadinfo.com. On this page: www.leadinfo.com/en/opt-out you have an opt-out option. In the event of an opt-out, your data will no longer be used by Leadinfo. The expiration period is 12 months.
- CONTACT US
- By phone at +32 (0)11 54 11 59
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By letter to edibo, Marketing, Maatheide 1302, 3920 Lommel
Lommel, March 2018.